Thursday, January 17, 2019

GUARANTOR POWERS - SELF PORTRAIT TRIPTYCH




GUARANTOR POWER
GP1: Coaches. My coaches are the first guarantor power that had popped into my head once we started our final project. I had chosen them because my coaches look over me and advise me as I develop over the course of my sports. The power that all my coaches have over me is the power and ability to transform me from being not so mature to a mature individual. I have learned many life lessons throughout every sport I've played and I have learned those lessons from my coaches. They view me as a strong, athletic, competitive individual that will not give up and will give all my effort into what I am doing to make sure that I will achieve my goal.

GP2: Mom, Dad, both are my parents and I considered them as my other guarantor power due to the fact that both of them have supported me through life as I grow up. I chose them because they mean the world to me and I do also in their eyes. The power both my parents have over me is that they will shape me into the man I am supposed to be and will do whatever it takes to make sure I am safe and healthy. They have raised me and supported me through sports, academics, and hobbies, and have never stopped. They view me as a studious kid that will work hard to get the job done. 

SYMBOLISM AND MEANING
  • weights: I had placed a photo of me lifting weights because I lift almost daily and enjoy it. This relates to my guarantor power because they view me as a strong, hardworking, individual and this photo represents me putting in the work to get stronger and more skilled for the next sport.
  • football field: Football is my favorite sport and always has been, I had to include a photo of the field in the picture. I had overlayed the field on top of the picture of me lifting to represent I am working hard in the weight room so I can be able to get to the field stronger and better. This relates to my guarantor because they train and coach me on the field.
  • football picture: I overlayed a photo of me during a football game to represent that my hard work outcomes in a game where I can have fun and enjoy myself. My guarantor relates to this because my guarantor is my coach and sees me while I play in the game.

  • balancer: I placed a balancer on my head to represent myself balancing school and sports at the same time. I am always working hard in school and sports to get where I want to be for both; a great athlete and a great student.
  • football award: I placed my football award in the photo because I wanted to symbolize my achievements in sports. I have always been great and I keep on getting better by working my hardest.
  • calculator: I represented school within my calculator. I do this because in the classroom, I always need my calculator in some way and it is the object I use most besides a pencil.
  • tualatin hs logo: In the background I had placed the logo of my high school. I placed this photo here to symbolize everything. Everything goes on at this high school for me, school or sports. It presents a balance of everything and always has.

  • computer: The computer symbolizes school, work, and knowledge. My final guarantor power (parents) have always thought of me as a studious child and this is the perfect example to present the view of my parents within the computer.
  • notes: The notes overlayed in the background present a thought of studying. When I am home, my parents always know I am studying and always want me to study. Notes are a way I use to study and many others use this way also. 
ARTIST STATEMENT

backward-looking:
               The process I had gone through to make this piece took a while but that time spent to process this piece was worth it. I brainstormed on the packet given to us to come up with my finished product. Once I had finished my brainstorming, I used photoshop to do a lot of overlaying on original photos to get to the final product. There are many ways I could improve if I did a project like this again. I would use more photoshop skill to expand my imagination. Cloning would be the perfect way to show different thoughts in my mind.

inward-looking:
               I do think I met my standards for sure in this project. I had done a lot of work to create this piece and it was worth the time. The only thing I could have done better is add in more symbolism to make the piece feel more alive. What I found frustrating about this is the fact that I had to make many overlay changes and it was a lot to do. Another frustrating thing was restarting, I had accidentally deleted my first guarantor photo and had to retake it and re-edit it. 

outward-looking:
              I believe I did work in a different way than others. I had completely taken the background out of an original photo and replaced it with new symbolization to show more meaning in my photos. The grade I would give myself is a 4. I say this because I put much work into composing my pieces and had a lot of fun. This project was meant to expand my mind and have fun and I definitely did both of those while working on this final!

forward-looking:
              One thing I would like to improve upon is being more precise with my edits. With each edit I made over this project I had sometimes gotten lazy to make perfect cuts or sizes for my pictures which isn't great. I know if I had to do another project similar to this I would for sure be more precise and less lazy with my cuts. Things I might want more help with in this project and classroom are more slower instruction times for projects. Sometimes I have gotten caught behind in work and forget to do some things because the tempo is super fast as we go through the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment